Anyone who thinks I have a good or strange taste in movies from my last meme, well strange is just the word. o3o [link] In fact there are some movies I do like that I'm sure you'd boo me for liking. They could be as bad as or worse than the movies I hated in my last meme. So I'm not gonna dwell any longer. Get ready to flame me in sparing these so here's the top 10 movies I like that probably everyone else hates.
10. The Thief & the Cobbler - I put this low on the list because it's not all that hated, though just the Miramax version is what earned people's negativity. I can see why though but it doesn't bother me that much. I liked this movie, despite what it's production history is and that the two main characters continuiously have inner-monolouge. But what I would like to do without are the songs. But I do enjoy the Re-Cobbled Cut version better and spoiler: Tack only spooke three words and was originally voiced by Sean Connery.
9. Cars 2 - Now this I'll get hate-comments even from my loyal watchers and friends. -3- Why the fuck do I actually like Cars 2? Maybe it's because I find it harmless, don't care that there's "no moral" to learn from, the spy plot, it's all about Mater who's my favorite character, and I enjoyed a couple of jokes that made me laugh. So maybe I'm the only Pixar fan that isn't disappointed with this film. I enjoyed ALL Pixar films and they haven't let me down....yet. So I like Cars 2 but I will say don't make a Cars 3.
8. Jack & Jill - I dunno why I like this, maybe it's because I love Adam Sandler and it's Adam Sandler as a twin brother AND sister! *what the hell's wrong with you, Bri?* Maybe I love it cause some of the jokes made me laugh, maybe I can relate to the Jill character, maybe it's because we got Dana Carvey acting again after a long time, maybe it's because Johnny Depp makes a cameo as himself in an Adam Sandler movie. Even if he wore a Justin Bieber shirt "as a joke". I can't think of why I liked this film, I enjoy it and will watch again. Hate me yet? o3o
7. Cool World - As a fan of Ralph Bakshi, it's one of my least favorite films of his but I don't completely hate it. I enjoyed it and hope to own it as part of my Bakshi collection. Besides, you got Holli Would who happens to be popular and I can see why. Maybe it doesn't make alot of sense but boy was it fucked up! Just like the rest of Bakshi's movies.
6. Norbit - Loved this movie and still do even when I discovered critisim from the internet. And this line cracks me up every time "How YOU doin'?"
5. Seed of Chucky - Considered worst than Bride of Chucky but why do I love it? I dunno, maybe it's because I love Glen/Glenda. He/she is cute. And I love Jennifer Tilly. But let's face it: the Chucky movies are always gonna be goofy more than scary. Still better than the Leprechaun movies.
4. Avatar - You either love or hate this movie....and I'm on the love it side. -3- I thought it was amazing and some of it was original. o3o I really don't know any other excuse why I love this movie.
3. Eight Crazy Nights - Yes, I consider this one of my all-time favorite movies to watch during the holidays. Alot of people hate this movie, even the die-hard Sandler fans. Honestly I fail to see why. It's Sandler's first voice-over role and I love how the animation looks, the characters are memorable, I always sing-a-long to most of the songs, and I laughed out loud everytime I watch this.....but only around December. o3o
2. Bebe's Kids - If you're only familiar with Nostalgia Critic's review of this movie you'll also see another reviewer that I enjoy who also reviewed this too.....and hated it! [link] However I wasn't convinced it's god awful so I looked it up on Youtube and watched the whole movie. And.....I liked it. I like this movie. I have no regrets. I even liked some of the raps and how the kids piss off the grown ups. XDDDDD
And the number one movie I liked that you'd rash me out for liking is.....TANK GIRL!!! *gets ready for the angry comments* I put this as number one cause I enjoyed this movie ALOT!!! I've watched it since I was ten and it was twice introduced to me by my dad whenever he tunes into it on TV. o3o I love the title character, how rebelious and ridicuilously crazy she can get. Now I never saw the original comics and I never will. Don't need to really. TG has died down in me long ago but I'll still admire the movie. I had it on DVD and I own the soundtrack. Again, no regrets. Tank Girl rules!
So those are the movies I enjoy that you'll be all like "And you said you hated "this" and "that" but yet you liked "this" and then "that"?" Bring on the comments people. -3- COME AT ME!!!
So far I have no opinion over Jack and Jill, but I hope you'll accept the fact it's the first and currently the only film in history to ever win a Razzie in every single category (OH MY GOD IT'S DONE THE IMPOSSBILE).
I saw bits of Cool World. Did you know that Ralph Bashi did the Mighty Mouse in 1987? I thought it was the 90s but I was wrong but anyway, I wasn't too crazy about the style or adding an normal identity for Mighty as Mike Mouse. I watched a bit of Eight Crazy Nights. Not too bad. I like the cartoon Sandler better than the real life. And not too long ago I ran across Norbit and I went Oh Hell! that actress was super brave for wearing two piece in that body. I skipped channels. But I had to laugh whenever she appears when the poor guy want to talk to that girl. ^^ The Avatar....eh it's so-so. I'm just tired of CGI movies.
That Thief and the Cobbler looks like a Disney ripoff. The guy in blue looks alot like Genie in the Disney movie.
I reached the target
I'd been waiting for
for some time now:
!!! :headbang: I'm
guys are always so
awesome and give me
so much support!To
thank you, old
watchers and new
ones, I decided to
open a GIVEAWAY here
on my page!As you
In our continuous
effort to improve
Site Updates to keep
members informed and
to gather feedback.
Below is a list of
recent changes to
the site, bug fixes,
and feedback that
was brought up by
members in the last
NewUpdate to th...
Year II - Issue
Features is a weekly
feature designed to
section of the most
support by faving
this article and
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More